Monday, December 19, 2011

Xmas - 2011 Style

Hello readers!

I'm settling in quite nicely to my new abode. It's been a bit of a slow process, unpacking and making it feel like mine. I'm slowly getting there though!

I thought I would post some photos of my somewhat thrown together, xmas decorating. It hasn't been too though out - with so much else to do!






I had all of these plans this year to wrap presents very creatively with buttons, doilies and all sorts of cute bibs and bobs. Unfortunately time has gotten the better of me! And I'm avoiding shopping like the plague at the moment - it is such a nightmare!

Above is a mini-trifle I made for my dinner party last night. BTW - it went fantastic! My closest friends loved my new place and we had a lovely stroll after dinner to check out the local Christmas lights. In case you are wondering the trifle is made up of the following - Jam roll soaked in Frangelico, store-bought custard, a layer of peach slices, cream and topped with jelly, crushed peanuts, grated chocolate and a strawberry. Pretty easy - no real cooking required!

I'm just about done with my shopping and wrapping - just a few last minute things to grab. How are you doing with your shopping? Are you organised?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails